Monday, April 4, from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m., the Yale Law School Sports and Entertainment Law Society will be hosting a panel on contemporary sports law issues. Topics will include the NFL lockout, the possible NBA lockout, age and autonomy restrictions on professional athletes, digital media and the law, antitrust and sports, and many other topics. Michael McCann of Vermont Law School and Sports Illustrated will moderate the panel, which will be open to the public.
- ALAN MILSTEIN (Sherman Silverstein Co-Managing Shareholder; has represented Carmelo Anthony, Allen Iverson, Eddy Curry, Maurice Clarett, and many other star athletes in litigation and other matters)
- ERIC NYQUIST (NASCAR Vice President of Strategic Development)
- CHRIS PARK (Vice President, Labor Economics and Deputy General Counsel, Labor for the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball, Major League Baseball)
- JAY REISINGER (Farrell & Reisinger partner; manages firm’s sports law practice; has represented Josh Hamilton, Alex Rodriguez, K-Rod, Andy Pettite, Sammy Sosa and many other star players, either before Congress, the media, or in arbitration)
- BRAD RUSKIN (Proskauer partner; head of the litigation section of firm’s Sports Law Group; represented ATP in Deutscher Tennis Bund, et al vs. ATP World Tour)
- MIKE ZARREN, Boston Celtics Assistant General Manager and Associate Counsel (plays key role in talent evaluation and salary cap management for the team, including in the famed deal for Kevin Garnett)